Friday, April 20, 2012

Am I a blogger?

..... I really have no idea. I am sure that I do not live an out of the ordinary life. Certainly not a life that many will flock to read about, but that is okay with me. If anything I wanted to do this to have a record of my journey. While my life may not be out of the ordinary, I feel like I am blessed with more than I can ever ask for. My days and weeks go quickly, and the seasons of life change. I want a way to "capture" these seasons, I guess.


So on to the blog name. While I anticipate the name/meaning behind this blog might take on many different meanings, for now it speaks of my search of peace in a not so peaceful world. To me, sleep is the ultimate form of peace. I LOVE sleep. I am one of those people that could still sleep 10 straight hours if I let myself. Yet, the busyness of life does not leave that time. There is always something requiring our attention.
I have been loving the song " Blessings" by Laura Story. It talks about finding God's blessings and plan in trials. One of my favorite lyrics in that song says...      
                                   
           ''  .... what if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near..''

I pray that I will be so sensitive to my Father's callings that I will have a thousand sleepless nights if I stray too far from Him. And oh do I stray. I am learning that life has it's struggles, but in that there is always joy. I want to choose joy.....even if it means a little less sleep :).

No comments:

Post a Comment